this could be the saddest dusk i ever seen turn to a miracle, high alive my mind is racing, as it always will my hands tired, my heart aches i'm half a world away

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

halt polizei!


my day began at a German police station....

Ok, so I left you hanging out there a while. Ups the suspense.

I am officially a "Schwartzfahrer" in the eyes of the German Police and about $50 lighter in the wallet because of it. A "Black Rider" as they say in German, is someone who rides the subway without a ticket, and most importantly, gets caught.

To make a short story long, I was born on the 20th of April in a little town in Maine ca.... ok ok. I actually wish I could say "yes", I was busted for riding without a ticket but actually I have a monthly ticket - it just needs to be renewed every month. This day happened to be the 2nd of August, 7:30am. I was on the subway on the way to the main train station to pick up my new one - not having time the previous day after working 12 freaking hours. In the four years I have lived here, I have been checked for a ticket on the subway four times. Just never happens. I was told you could use your ticket from the current month until the 2nd of the following month. I was told wrong.

These fools work on commision. After asking for my ticket and not being satisfied with my explaination, they told me to give them my Ausweis (ID). Feeling a bit groggy not having even a sniff of a sweet coffee bean, I told them simply "no". They said it was either that or the police. I, ......... finish soon. Time to eat

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

ummm... i'm still waiting for the story soon to follow.

you can't put out a teaser like that and then not follow through!

5:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home